Can Never Step in the Same River Twice •
ARTICLES & ADVICE
FAMILY HISTORY & GENEALOGY
Chocolate - How Much is
For dogs, the smell of chocolate is almost as tempting as a big juicy
steak. That's why your dog may rip into your Halloween or other candy.
he loves it, chocolate usually doesn't love your dog. It contains
a related chemical called theobromine. Both of these are stimulants
that can raise your dog's heart rate -- occasionally to the point of
fatal. Fortunately, most dogs who overdose on chocolate just get an
upset stomach which may be accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea. (If
your dog gets into chocolate, call your veterinarian or poison control
hotline immediately for
The amount of chocolate that can cause death depends on your dog's size
and the kind of chocolate he steals. The following is only a guideline,
your particular situation may vary. Again, contact you veterinarian or
poison control hotline immediately for professional advice.
Baking chocolate: half to
one ounce can cause death
in small breeds; for medium breeds, the amount is two to three ounces;
large dogs, the amount is four to eight ounces.
Milk chocolate: four to ten
ounces can cause death
in small dogs; one to one and one half pounds in medium size dogs; two
four and one half pounds in large dogs.
you wish to contact us
558-1369 · E-Mail
site is provided
for informational purposes only and should not be relied on as legal or
technical advice. Nothing transmitted from this web site constitutes
the establishment of a client relationship between you and OUTLAW
CHINOOKS. Nothing contained at this web site should be construed to
constitute a recommendation or endorsement of any product or service.
Links are provided for user convenience and OUTLAW CHINOOKS is not
responsible for content on linked sites and does not guarantee the
accuracy of any information available
through the links you will find at this web site. Copyright
© 1999 to present.
Photography, Art, Chinook Dogs and Dog Training
in the Minneapolis - St. Paul and surrounding areas.
This is an educational web site. If you obtain information from this
site, ask my opinion or assistance on health related issues, feeding
suggestions and training or behavior, understand it should NOT be used
"in lieu of" veterinarian's advice, diagnosis or treatment. Permission
is granted to use this information for individual educational purposes
only. Any other use of these materials for any other purpose violates
intellectual property rights.