Can Never Step in the Same River Twice •
ARTICLES & ADVICE
FAMILY HISTORY & GENEALOGY
for a Well
1. Thou shalt socialize your dog to
All types, sizes and ages of people. Dogs, sights, sounds and places.
2. Thou shalt never allow your dog on the furniture. This tells your
dog that you are equals in the pack hierarchy.
3. Thou shalt never feed your dog people food or treats from the table.
(Or couch, if that's where you eat.) If you follow this rule,
you will never have a begging problem.
4. Thou shalt always praise your dog when he does what you want. Praise
produces fabulous results -- even more than reprimanding your
dog when he does something you don't want.
5. Thou shalt correct your dog only if you catch him in the act.
Otherwise forget it and be prepared next time.
6. Thou shalt train your dog in basic manners and obedience. This is a
MUST for a
happy, well behaved companion you can trust in any situation.
7. Thou shalt remember you and every person in your house must
be the pack leader. The proper pack structure is easily established if
obedience training is done.
8. Thou shalt NEVER hit your dog. Hitting only makes behavioral
9. Thou shalt remember the 4 P's of training. Patience, Practice,
Praise and Proper Timing (within two seconds of behavior.)
10. Thou shalt think like a dog when you are training or teaching your
dog something. Do not treat your dog like a fur person. Treat your dog
with respect, and in training, always try to look at things from his
you wish to contact us
558-1369 · E-Mail
site is provided
for informational purposes only and should not be relied on as legal or
technical advice. Nothing transmitted from this web site constitutes
the establishment of a client relationship between you and OUTLAW
CHINOOKS. Nothing contained at this web site should be construed to
constitute a recommendation or endorsement of any product or service.
Links are provided for user convenience and OUTLAW CHINOOKS is not
responsible for content on linked sites and does not guarantee the
accuracy of any information available
through the links you will find at this web site. Copyright
© 1999 to present.
Chinook Dog and Dog Training in the
Minneapolis - St. Paul and surrounding areas.
This is an educational web site. If you obtain information from this
site, ask my opinion or assistance on health related issues, feeding
suggestions and training or behavior, understand it should NOT be used
"in lieu of" veterinarian's advice, diagnosis or treatment. Permission
is granted to use this information for individual educational purposes
only. Any other use of these materials for any other purpose violates
intellectual property rights.